Re: [IPk] Re: Frustrated and fed-up...

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, you wrote:
> Hi All,
> I don't think anyone should feel guilty for claiming DLA or for that matter
> any other benefit they are entitled to.  Each claim for benefit is
> individual and whether you qualify or not is unique to your individual
> needs.  However I understand how easy it is to feel guilty, I certainly did
> when I first claimed, but I know that I have not been able to lead a full
> and active life because of my diabetes.  It is the times when I need help,
> when i am still feeling terrible 2 hours after a bad hypo, when I want to
> have a bath safely etc that I accept I am entilted to DLA.  Personally even
> working part-time leaves me physically shattered, I would not be able to
> work full time without becoming physically ill.

Hi Abbey
I'm afraid I don't understand why having had hypos when you have a bath is such
a problem for you. Surely if you test your BG before you have a bath, and if
it's low eat something first, and don't have baths soon after injecting (all of
which is common sense for anyone with diabetes), it shouldn't be a problem?
Even if you have no hypo awareness, it shouldn't be too difficult.
or am I missing something here?