Re: [IPk] Re: Frustrated and fed-up...

I'm a bit confused.

I can understand claiming it if you have a "disability" caused by DM (or
whatever), but I can honestly say I would not believe in claiming it simply
because I have DM.  By your argument I could say that because I have had a
couple of severe night time hypos, I need someone to look after me (thus my
husband question), and thus I could claim it!

But I am not disabled, and I am in fulltime work (I know I am lucky, and
there are others a lot less fortunate than me).

Does anybody else think this could possibly give Dmers a bad name?

And don't they think it could backfire on them?  Because if you are claiming
a DISABILITY allowance, wouldn't some people say that rules you out of a lot
of things?

I am sorry if I am offending anyone here, these are just my thoughts....