Re: [IPk] Re: Frustrated and fed-up...

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, you wrote:
> Sharon,
> It is great you get DLA.
> Who do you have watching over you?
> Does a husband count?
> All the best,
> Ingrid

Anyone counts - and, bizarrely,  "nobody" counts too!
For example, I get DLA because I'm registered blind.
I claimed under mobility because sometimes it's hard for me to get around
sometimes without help, especially at night or in unfamiliar places. So I often
have to rely on friends when I go out at night, for example. But they don't
care who or how you get help, or even if you actually do or not. The point is
you can claim if you need the help, even if you don't actually get it.
I also get the care part of the allowance, although most of the time I don't
have anyone to help me do stuff. They don't check up on how you spend the money
either. Once they've allocated it to you, it's yours. You could just go on
holiday with it :-)