Re: [IPk] Re: Frustrated and fed-up...

> I was wondering if people have applied for DLA as I have been advised to do
> so. I am working full time and I know it's not Means tested but I have never
> heard of diabetics applying before?
> Hilly

Hi Hilly
In general you won't get DLA just because of diabetes, unless you have some
other condition that necessitates you needing extra help, or unless you're
unable to work because of your condition. I started receiving DLA when I was
registered blind (although I have a full time job). It's not means tested but
thyey really do put you through the mill. There are two components - living and
mobility. You wouldn't get mobility unless you have other problems. You might
get the  living part  if you can prove that you need help e.g. with doing daily
tasks, or that you need someone to watch over you constantly.
But just having diabetes alone  won't normally qualify you for anything.