RE: [IPk] Re: Frustrated and fed-up...

>I did meet with a nurse today and it went quite well but I was asked why I
do so many blood tests and Ketone tests a day and wasn't I getting bogged
down with it all (i do on average 4-6 blood tests and 2-4 ketone tests) She
even asked me to do fewer tests as there was too much information for her to
take in. The only reason I do so many (and feel happier for it) is to try
and show these people that no matter what I try, my bloods stay out of
control. Also if I have any chance of a pump, don't I need to show all my

Hi Hilly

What sort of insulin regime are you on again? I think you told us, but I
can't remember. If you're hoping for a pump, you definitely need to be
testing that often, if only to get in practice! And if your blood sugars are
all over the place, surely you need to test more regularly in order to see
what's going on and try to get some control. I really think this nurse is
behind the times: you need to test more frequently on multiple daily
injections as well, which isn't an uncommon insulin regime.

It sounds like you have the right attitude. As well as making the contract,
keep a written record of _everything_ - this will be useful if you have to
now is the time to start. I'm not saying you have to do this forever - just
until you get what you need.

Hang in there.