[IPk] Pumping Regular/Humalog: Use During Pregnancy

This won't effect you personally but for pregnant
women humalog isn't
recommended for pregnancy.  We all know how important
tight control is
during pregnancy, and probably thousands of women have
achieved the
necessary tight control using regular, so it would
probably work for you too!

Hi Ingrid

I actually started using Humaolg for the first time
during my first pregnancy in 1997 as Actrapid was not
giving me adequate control. It wasn't licenced for use
in pregnancy at that time (it is very hard to get any
new drugs licenced for use during pregnanacy after the
thalidomide disaster) however it is very safe and I
found that it improved my control remarkably.
I think you'll find that it is widely used by pregnant
women as it does provide the necessary tight control.
I really do sympathise with you Mike and would hate to
be in your situation where the best insulin available
for you is not suitable. I have met several people who
use Actrapid in their pump and are pleased with the
results so it must be worth a try.

Good luck!

Do You Yahoo!?