[IPk] re: more nighttime basal problems

Di wrote:

The pattern seems to be this:
11pm BG 5.5
1-4am BG 4
8am BG 11

My dawn syndrome (I thought) starts at about 9am, but maybe thi shas changed
and it's actualyl starting a lot earlier?

That's what it looks like to me, especially if you're doing tests around
3am/4am and everything is fine.  Why not try increasing for the dawn
phenomenon around 3 or 4 am and see what happens?  After all, if it doesn't
work, you can just change the pump back!

I've been doing a lot of 3am tests recently, to deal with protein in late
meals sometimes, and to deal with high morning BGs a lot of the time.  I've
certainly discovered that I have a very strong dawn phenomenon, and I can't
wait to get on to my pump to deal with it.  It's a frustrating situation,
however, because I find if my BG is around 5 or lower at 3am, the dawn
phenomenon does nothing to raise my BGs, and I have to eat!  Why can't it do
what it's supposed to do when I want it to??  I think that's the perpetual
diabetic question!