[IPk] more night-time basal problems

I seem to be having some more difficulties with my night-time basals.
The pattern seems to be this:
11pm BG 5.5
1-4am BG 4
8am BG 11

I'm currently on 1.1 units per hour from midnight to 8am, and then 1.3 from
8am to 11am.  If I lower it to 1.0 (as was my first thought, given that the
high 8am looks like a rebound), I just end up higher in the morning. At the
moment I am either hypo or nearly hypo sometime between at 1am and 4am.
Might the solution be to lower it to 1.0 for the first few hours, and then
to increase it to, say, 1.2 at about 5am?
My dawn syndrome (I thought) starts at about 9am, but maybe thi shas changed
and it's actualyl starting a lot earlier?
It used to be the opposite, that I actually needed less insulin from about
5-8am, and then had no dawn syndrome at all. Maybe I'm becoming more normal
in my old age?

Any thoughts, anyone?
Oh, I forgot to say, I've been treating the hypo with 1-2 glucose tabs, so
it can't be overtreating that's causing the high.