Re: [IPk] No longer a pre-pumper

Hi Franco!
Great that you've finally started on the pump!
I think it takes most people a while for things to settle down.
And especially if you've not used Humalog before. With MDi I used to take
it before eating, but on the pump I take it afterwards. And I've recenty
discovered that with wholemeal bread, I have to take it about 15 mins.
after I've finished eating, or it acts too fast. Weird, I know, but there
you go. I don't have any change in bassal rate at 6pm but I know quite a
few people do, so you're not alone. I also found my hypo symptoms were
different - both when I changed from Actrapid to humalog, and then again
when I switched to the pump. It's all a matter of how fast you're going low
and what is causing it (in my case, anyway). So, for me,  a Humalog-induced
low is generally faster than an Actrapid or long-acting insulin-induced low.

Good luck with the consumables funding. I am trying to persuade my LHAto
fund mine too, though I don't expet much joy (my clinic in Manchester are
currently paying but they'd rather not if they don't have to!). Of course,
it's all NHS money anyway, but it's all a question of politics.........

 On Sat, 25
Mar 2000, you wrote: >Hello, >