[IPk] dawn syndrome

I thought I had my basals set up correctly to deal with the dawn
syndrome. Well, I do normally. I have a 0.2 increase from 7.30 to 11.30am
and it seems to work perfectly.
Now, if I get up late, everything is still fine. But I've discovered over
the last 2 weekends that if I get up at 5am instead of 7.30am, everything
goes screwy and I end up hypo at about 9am. It seems that if I get up
early, I beat the dawn syndrome completely and it just doesn't happen at
all. So, I guess I should remember this and just lower my basal rate if I'm
getting up at crack of screech. Just wondering if I'm weird (OK, I know I
am) or whether other people have something similar?
It seems there's always something new to learn about your body!