Re: [IPk] BDA Response

I received a letter from Dr Michael Hall, Chairman of the BDA, this
morning, postmarked Devon and Exeter 4.30pm 5 March (the day after the fuss
at the JDF meeting...):

Dear Mr Neale

Re: Insulin Pumps

Thank you for your letter about insulin pumps. A number of letters
addressed to the Trustees have been received on this issue and all the
letters have been circulated to the Trustees. This response is on behalf of
all the Trustees.

A policy document is currently being drafted and discussed in Committee and
will be brought to the Trustees in due course. The next Board of Trustees
meeting is 13 April and we hope to have the policy finalised then. I will
keep you notified of developments. In the interim I thank you for your

Yours sincerely

Dr Michael Hall
Chair of the Association

- This letter is cloaked in the "careful-speak" of doctors.

- In what capacity can Dr Hall speak on behalf of all trustees, when they
have not yet been consulted as a group, and possibly not even received the

Any thoughts?

mailto:email @ redacted