[IPk] Fwd: latest pump appointment

>Hi all -
>Well, nothing goes smoothly, does it?  When I arrived at the diabetes day
>centre Monday evening, the nurse on duty didn't even know why I was there
>and hadn't a notion that I had been approved for a pump.  There wasn't even
>a copy of the consultant's letter to the health board in my file.
>They're talking about April for putting me on a pump as an outpatient, and
>they would be willing to do it as an inpatient, but they have to be able to
>get me a bed.  And I have to be able to go as soon as they have a bed for
>me.  And they were talking about being in hospital - when I'm not ill - for
>five days.  And you don't want me in hospital, ever, even when I'm dying,
>because it's not a pleasant experience for anyone, particularly the staff.
>Of course, I didn't tell them that.
>So I'm a little bit angry, and a little bit - no, I'm a lot angry at their
>conservatism and lack of communication amongst themselves, and quite
>frustrated at being so close and having another wall put in front of me.

I'm most concerned about having to tell my manager that I may disappear for
a week, at short or no notice, sometime between now and April, which means
they probably won't consider me for one of the positions vacant at the
moment, because I mayn't be here for the training.  I know in the long term
the pump is worth it, but why do the medical staff have to behave like I
need major surgery or something?