[IPk] RE: loops and funding, etc

Hi everyone
Hope everyone is doing OK. I've been following the threads on looping with
interest as I feel this would benefit me. I'm struggling with my normally
reasonable control at the moment partly due to untreated severe inflammatory
bowel disease. I was unwell, so had a CT scan which showed severe IBD plus a
number of other things that needed an urgent colonoscopy. (Received results by
letter, no consultation) but that was end of February then the virus meant all
investigations and treatments stopped, so still really unwell. No sign here,
at least, of anything starting back up so for now, I just have to deal with
it.
Anyhow, my hospital only deal with Medtronic and I'm currently using the 640g
and also Libre. Of course, these aren't linked. I need to phone Medtronic as
my pump is cracked, yet again (seems to be a problem with this pump in
particular. Yes, I'm clumsy! But this is the second time a small crack as
spread to the whole pump).
I've been told by my team that I don't meet the criteria for CGM and had to
fight really hard to get the Libre.
I've seen the Medtronic info on the 670g and loop and to honest I feel it
would make such a huge difference to my control. I struggle with exercise,
despite my best efforts, and also with unexplained loss and highs, which are
now affecting my HbA1c.
Has anyone had any experience of obtaining funding for the loop systems,
Medtronic or other? My health authority is Morecambe Bay and being in
Cumbria,B  it's not easy to travel to any other authorities due to distance.
Just be interesting to hear your advice and thoughts before I ask my team
about the possibility.
Many thanks
Helen
Type 1 46 years