From: "Kerrie Phillips" <email @ redacted>
Sender: email @ redacted
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 09:09:42
To: <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IPk] New baby

 Just wanted to share my good news and the progress my local hospital has made
in relation to pump users!
 After a long 4 days of induction of labour that failed, my son Aaron James was
 born by C-section on 12th June weighing 8lb 5oz. He is doing really well and
had
no problems with his blood sugars at birth. The great thing for me was the
anaesthetist allowed me to continue with my pump in theatre rather than putting
me on a sliding scale as they would normally do as they don't understand enough
 about pumps! They allowed me and my husband to manage my diabetes and we
decided
as my BM was 4.5 before surgery to suspend my pump so as not to risk hypo. I
reconnected in recovery about 1hr later and BM was 6.7!

 I am now getting used to breast feeding again and how little insulin I seem to
need because of it!

Kerrie
Sent using BlackBerry. from Orange