Re: [IPk] New baby

Lovely news Kerrie...congratulations...  Yes please keep us informed  it's
all very interesting...

Danni

Mum of Joel, 12...dx March 2003. Pumping Animas 2020 since  July 2006.

email @ redacted writes:

Just  wanted to share my good news and the progress my local hospital has
made
in  relation to pump users!
After a long 4 days of induction of labour that  failed, my son Aaron James
was
born by C-section on 12th June weighing 8lb  5oz. He is doing really well
and had
no problems with his blood sugars at  birth. The great thing for me was the
anaesthetist allowed me to continue  with my pump in theatre rather than
putting
me on a sliding scale as they  would normally do as they don't understand
enough
about pumps! They allowed  me and my husband to manage my diabetes and we
decided
as my BM was 4.5  before surgery to suspend my pump so as not to risk hypo.
reconnected in  recovery about 1hr later and BM was 6.7!

I am now getting used to  breast feeding again and how little insulin I
seem to
need because of  it!

Kerrie
Sent using BlackBerry. from  Orange