Re: [IPk] Statins

Hi all
 I've just finished a course that totally reeducated me in my diabetes! Only 18
years late but ...!

 On the course we discussed statins as many of us had been prescribed but were
reluctant to take them. We were advised that statins do more than simply reduce
cholesterol but also clear the arteries of fat deposits which is why diabetics
are advised to take them.

 We were also told that when you are given your cholesterol level, it is
important to ask for the break down as your LDL which is the bad cholesterol
needs to be below 2 and the HDL-good cholesterol between 1&3.

Hope this is helpful.

Jo

Sent from my iPhone

 On 29 Jun 2011, at 19:48, DAVID BATTSON <email @ redacted>
wrote:

> Ralph, Statins do a lot more than just reduce cholesterol so check with
> Diabetes
> UK before setting yourself against taking them as I believe they had an
> article
> about it in 'Balance'.  When I had my quad heart by-pass in 1999 the surgeon
> said to me afterwards that you can never have too low a 'bad' cholesterol
> level.
>
> Best of luck,
>                    Dave, pumping since 2001, idd since 1967.

>>> Re: [IPk] Infusion sets sites
>>> Re: [IPk] Infusion sets sites
>>> Re: [IPk] Re: Profile of Angela Turnbull <email @ redacted>