From: Ralph & Hazel Marlow <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Sent: Wednesday, 29 June, 2011 17:11:09
Subject: [IPk] Statins

Hi Di and Mohan

Thanks for the information about statins.  I am a bit behind in catching up
with
the messages from insulin pumpers and was just thinking about asking the
question you asked Mohan.  I am in the same boat being nearly 47 and my
cholestorol is usually quite low and was again when tested for my diabetic
annual at my GPs clinic recently.  Last time I saw my Consultant he said I
should be on statins because I am over 40, type 1 diabetics over 40 should be
on
statins and I should ask my GP to put them on my prescription.  I reluctantly
ran it by my GP and his response was they would have no effect because my
cholestorol was very low and it was pointless me being on them. That pleased
me
and glad to hear others have the same view that I have, if it aint broke, dont
fix it.

It is great to hear Lisa that you no longer need statins.  We are told so
often
we are on medication for life so it is nice to hear someone who can stop
taking
some of their medication.

Ralph

Type 1 27 years, Accu-chek combo pumper 1 year

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mohan Kaur" <email @ redacted>