From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf
Of Brenda Cookson
Sent: 28 June 2011 22:49
To: email @ redacted
Subject: RE: [IPk] voluntary surrender of driving licence

 just been looking on an epilepsy website because the information on the DUK
website was not clear at all!

Brenda, mum of David, 21, (call me Dave) diagnosed 30 May 04, finally found
gainful albeit temporary employment nearly 9 months after graduating from
the
University of York, still looking for something more lucrative and
challenging.

> On 28/06/2011 22:41, Brenda Cookson wrote:
> > we have been told that the regulations surrounding seizures have
changed.
> > know when he applied for his licence they only asked about day time
hypos
> > requiring third party assistance and his seizures would count as night
time
> > ones. Apparently you now have to tell them about any seizures,
irrespective
> of
> > the cause, and the licence has to be surrendered for 6 months. You can
then
> > reapply and should be granted a licence if you are seizure free.
However,