RE: [IPk] voluntary surrender of driving licence

we have been told that the regulations surrounding seizures have changed. I
know when he applied for his licence they only asked about day time hypos
requiring third party assistance and his seizures would count as night time
ones. Apparently you now have to tell them about any seizures, irrespective of
the cause, and the licence has to be surrendered for 6 months. You can then
reapply and should be granted a licence if you are seizure free. However, I am
looking into it further. I have already found out that there is an online
document about the medical regulations that only medics have access to, which
seems odd. Possibly a suitable candidate for a Freedom of Information
request!

Brenda, mum of David, 21, (call me Dave) diagnosed 30 May 04, finally found
gainful albeit temporary employment nearly 9 months after graduating from the
University of York, still looking for something more lucrative and
challenging.