Re: [IPk] Re: Hyperglycaemia and encephalitis

Hi Brenda.

I am a nurse, and what I am reading about David's care, is just not good
enough.
Can I ask you, where is his Diabetic team based? Is it at the same hospital?
It's just that, if he was admitted with his bm being on the low side, then
surely they must be looking at the whole picture and that must include his
diabetic control.  As you know, long periods of high bm's, causes
complications
whether we like it or not, and if this is so, then this is a nursing/medical
priority along with his diagnosis,  to make sure that David's bm's are running
at what they should be, and not too high. More regular Bm's are part of
David's
care FACT, from admission to discharge. If his diabetic team are on sight
(based
at the hospital), then they should be aware of his admission and should have
been to assess him. If not at the same hospital, then you should contact them
directly and tell them that you are not haopy with his care. You are his mum
and
you sound really worried when you should be satisfied that he is receiving the
best care possible.

Take good care and I hope you get it sorted. Any questions that I may help you
with, please feel free to ask.

Alison xx.

PS, has the dietician been to see him too?