FW: [IPk] hyperglycaemia and encephalitis

I sent this to the list the other night but it bounced back so I am sending it
again. After me coming round to the idea that it actually was encaphalitis and
not hypoglycaemia he was seen by another doctor yesterday who said he thought
it WAS hypoglycaemia! However I think he was a diabetologist and the doctor
who said it was encaphalitis was a neurologist. No doubt if they send an
obstetrician to see him we will find out he is pregnant with twins lol!

His BMs were lower yesterday, although still in double figures, and I have
been told they are trying to keep them at between 10 and 15 for the moment,
presumably to avoid hypos and/or increase his hypo awareness. He went for a
little walk around the hospital yesterday, although he said he does still feel
a little dizzy. The dietician came to see him and asked what he had been
eating and said she is going to get the staff to keep a record of what he eats
for a while. He had had a banana and some orange juice with his lunch and she
said it would be better while his BMs are high to spread out his fruit
consumptiion more - I don't suppose many 22 year old men get told off ffor
eating too much fruit lol!

Brenda, mum of David, 22