Re: [IPk] RE: ip-uk-digest V4 #116

Yes, I wouldn't want people in general to start attacking me with finger
prickers! It is useful to know how to do it though. One time when my dad
was having a lot of heart problems, we were having dinner in a
restaurant late after a concert (where it was also very hot) and my dad
was feeling very faint and looked as if he was about to pass out, was
barely able to speak or to sit upright. He kept insisting his BG was not
low but at the time he had problems with hypo awareness and so I
insisted on doing a blood test on him just to rule out a hypo! He argued
for a while but I did it anyway! Of course he was right and he wasn't
low but it was worth knowing.

On the other hand a friend of mine (or more like ex-friend, as I don't
really like her any more!) is now a qualified GP and plays on my
softball team sometimes. At a tournament I was very low after the last
game and barely able to move, but I told everyone I was low and they
gave me some Lucozade and so on. My friend insisted on trying to check
my blood sugar! That really annoyed me because I knew I was low, it was
obvious and there was absolutely no need to test me! Especially as she
kept asking me how my meter worked as she'd never used that one before!
I believe I ended up throwing the meter into the hedge to stop her
testing me!!!
Di

On 23/06/11 10:44, Brenda Cookson wrote:
> I think maybe he probably 'forgot' to show me how to do it in the first place
> becausee he thought I was likely to start randomly attacking him with the
> finger pricker and doing loads of tests lol! I did once particularly want him
 > to do a test for some reason and he wouldn't so I offered him a fiver which
he
 > accepted! Couldn't afford to do that too often though! I know that Sue
Caral's