[IPk] Cautionary tale

The moral of the tale is not to let your home supply of infusion sets etc
get too low.
(And not to take any blood pressure readings around re-order time !)

Monday - My wife Jean likes to order fresh supplies from Medtronic when she
still has a good month's supply in hand at home.
She phoned Medtronic as usual, they refused to accept an order as Plymouth
Hospitals had apparently cancelled the supply contract.
She's been under Exeter Hospitals for the 18 months since we moved house
from the Plymouth area - no previous problem and we naturally assumed
funding had been transferred.
She phoned the Exeter Hospital help number immediately , told someone would
ring back in 20 minutes, and did 6 hours later.
Exeter couldn't understand it but agreed they would fax Medtronic next day
to confirm they were now responsible for funding.

Wednesday - Jean phones Medtronic - answer phone message to say it was a
staff training day

Thursday - Jean repeats the performance - told that, yes, fax had been
received, but still unable to accept order as 'not yet in system' - but
someone would ring back.

Friday - no ring back, Jean phones again, still not 'in system' but faced
with Jean's understandable anger the girl said she would accept the order
and sort it out.

We await next Wednesday's booked delivery with interest to see whether the
stuff actually arrives.

I should say that Medtronic had been most efficient in our previous dealings
with them.

Gareth