From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf
Of Nanette Freedman
Sent: 15 June 2011 09:31
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] RE: statins problems

Hi Christine,
My endocrinologist commented on the fact that I am almost the only one of
his diabetes patients who does not have low vitamin D. I might ask him next
time if he thinks this might be in part because I don't take statins (my own
choice as explained previously, but with his agreement).
On the other hand, my husband, who does not have DM, does not take statins,
does have slightly low vitamin D, and takes vitamin D drops as a supplement.
If you have had a problem putting on weight, why does the GP not prescribe
you vitamin D drops rather than telling you to eat lots of dairy products?
Nanette