RE: [IPk] RE: statins problems

Hi!  I have been following the messages on statins with interest.

I too have high cholesterol figures and been prescribed 40mg Pravastatin along
with 10mg Ezetimibe tablets.  I took myself off them about a month ago as,
which is the same as with a previouisly prescribed statin, I end up with a
scrambled brain and I just can't handle that. Also the Ezetimibe having a
rather unpleasant effect on the contents of my bowels.

 So I'm following an even more healthy (!) diet which includes 2 tablespoons
golden linseeds, walnuts, lots of fish, fresh vegetables etc and I have also
removed added sugar.  I certainly feel much better for it; my limbs feel
looser and less achy as well.  Oh, and the dog's happier as he gets more walks
by way of exercise for me.

I have read with interest the article from Lipids Online - Glycemic Control
Slows Rates of Carotid Artery Disease Progression as it seems that maintaining
the lowest HBa1C one can manage may have as much benefit as downing lots of
these horrible statins.  My father lived on statins for over 20 years, he
still ultimately died having suffered a couple of strokes and tids  but at
close on 90 .  So they don't guarantee a stroke free life.

Mary