Re: [IPk] RE: statins problems

Hi Christine,
My endocrinologist commented on the fact that I am almost the only one
of his diabetes patients who does not have low vitamin D. I might ask
him next time if he thinks this might be in part because I don't take
statins (my own choice as explained previously, but with his
agreement).
On the other hand, my husband, who does not have DM, does not take
statins, does have slightly low vitamin D, and takes vitamin D drops
as a supplement. If you have had a problem putting on weight, why does
the GP not prescribe you vitamin D drops rather than telling you to
eat lots of dairy products?
Nanette