Re: [IPk] RE: statins problems

Hi Christine,
It sounds absurd to take a statin to reduce your cholesterol and be
told to eat lots of cheese - which contains lots of cholesterol!
Why do you take the statin? I don't think anyone knows what's really
best, but know what I would do in your situation, so at the risk of
being accused of inciting deviant behaviour (!), have you considered
not taking it (at your own risk of course) and not eating the cheese
and seeing what happens on your next round of blood tests?
Incidentally based on my personal experience (10mg simvastatin caused
bad effects on my liver function tests, other statins caused such
severe cramps in my feet that it was dangerous and indeed impossible
for me to drive, cholesterol only slightly raised so decided not to
take statins), exercise is one of the best things to reduce
cholesterol - for me it makes more difference than exactly how much
cholesterol in the diet.
Nanette