Re: [IPk] RE: statins problems

Hi all

Having done some medical writing on statins, I can answer this!

The answer is that the drugs are not equipotent so 10 mg of one is not
the same as 10 mg of the other.

In other words, atorvastatin is more powerful per miligram so it takes
less of it to do the job, kind of like when you buy concentrated
washing powder or fabric softener and it takes less product to achieve
the same result as a non-concentrated washing powder or fabric
softener.

Here's a link to a study abstract that explains it a bit more technically:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9514454

Melissa