[IPk] RE: ip-uk-digest V4 #99

Hi all, I have a query relating to diabetics and taking statins....I was
intially told that all diabetics over the age of 40 need to take a statin to
prevent heart problems. I am now 44, have a good cholestorol level and am of
average fitness, some of my medical team say I should be taking a statin and
others have said its up to me. I am worried firstly i don't want to take any
extra medicine if not needed....side effects etc but am i doing the wrong
thing ......what if i end up with a health problem i could have avoided. So
any advice out there oh yeah I am type 1, on a pump for last 2 years and was
diagnosed about 20 yrs ago.
                    Thanks Mohan