[IPk] re: diabetic devices

Being hour-glass figure, I usually carry my pump in my cleavage! Trouble is
when out in public and need to bolus. I use an Animas 2020.

Concerned, having had prior breast lumps/cysts (benign - thankfully) that the
bruising I sometimes experience from carrying pump this way, may be causing
problems down the line.  Even when I remove the clip at the back this is a
problem - and in hot weather (when we get it) it is even worse.

I find that if I carry the pump at my waist e.g. when wearing jeans, it keeps
falling off or sticking in to me when I bend over.  Doing gardening I bend
over a lot!

So a more adaptable pouch suitable for wearing in different positions would be
very welcome.  I've failed to come up with a solution myself.

Carrying all the supplies required for pump use and fall-back is a pain and
fills up my handbag/shoulderbag but I still want to use my pump.

All those used strips of foil and test strips mount up during the day and it
would help if (a) companies would say which parts of their supplies are
recyclable i.e. packaging and (b) in some parts of the country we have major
problems in having clinical waste disposed of safely.

How do other folk dispose of their tubing sets?

Rhoda

  _____

I am using the Free version of SPAMfighter <http://www.spamfighter.com/len> .

Try free scan!