From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf
Of June Searle
Sent: 06 June 2011 15:44
To: email @ redacted
Subject: RE: [IPk] Diabetic Macular Oedema

Hi

>From memory I think it is called Lucentis and I know it has to be injected
in the very early stages, otherwise it cannot be used.  Thank you for
telling me about Balance.  I have not got round to looking at it yet.  This
drug was approved by NICE last November for diabetic use and was formerly
only available for AMD.  I think it is very much up to the PCT whether they
fund it and I know someone in this borough with AMD was refused it a couple
of years ago.  Thanks for your reply.

June