Re: [IPk] Vibe gets CE Mark Approval

Hi June
As you may know, I'm in a similar position to yourself (they can't do
any more laser to me either). It's definitely worth contacting them
about the floaters. It could be just the same floaters that "normal"
people get, which means nothing at all, or it could be small bleeds in
the eye, which is more serious and needs to be kept an eye on (though in
itself, it's not a problem, but could be the sign of more problems).
Something like this happened to me many years ago, and I then woke up
one morning with a major bleed which didn't clear, so a couple of days
later they did a vitrectomy under anaesthetic, which cleared it (and I
never had problems again with bleeds). That's probably the worst case
scenario, and is not particularly likely to happen, but it's worth
knowing about. If you have macular oedema as well, then that does
unfortunately suggest that you do have something going on and therefore
the floaters are likely to be small bleeds, but as I said, in themselves
they're not problematic as long as they disappear again and don't block
large amounts of your vision.

I'm also just wondering, are you getting confused with macular oedema
and macular degeneration (when you talk about "the macular websites").
As they are two completely different things. I too have lost a lot of
peripheral vision (and have virtually no useful sight in my left eye,
and am registered blind). But I still mountain bike, play softball and
many other sports, and lead a pretty full and active life even if I'm
not allowed to drive a car or fly a plane and have trouble recognising
my friends and walking around in the dark. So don't imagine the worst,
though I know it's hard not to worry.
Di