Re: [IPk] SEN statements children with diabetes

Karen Persov wrote:

>> It's definitely advisable to get parents to apply for DLA first (under both
>> day and night care) as this then helps the SEN process.

That's not always possible.  Non-EU residents on certain types of
visas -- I know for certain student and student dependent visas,
probably work visas as well -- are precluded from 'recourse to public
funds', which would include DLA.

Rachel,
foreign student and mum of a diabetic
child receiving next to no support in school.