[IPk] Mysteries of the doctors surgery

Hi All
I know who the culprit is that constantly trys to reduces items such as our BG
tests strips...B  But it's the items that you end up with when you pick your
prescription up from the chemist.....
I request BG tests strips, I end up with lancets eh!B  I ordered BG test
strips to find out that they've given me ketones sticks as well......
Any alteration to your repeat prescriptions seems to throw a right old spanner
in the works....B  I go on the pump, so clinic sends information what new
items and that what should be on my repeats and a little not at the bottom to
say that I required plenty of BG test strips....B  Added items were basically
insulin vials....
So Hubby phones the surgery for my prescription because it's new so couldn't
be done by the chemist....B  After going round in circles concerning why I
needed the vials and why I still required the cartridges to remain on my
repeat 1/2 later he thought that mission had be accomplished and it would all
be ready to pick up on Thursday...
But no, they had written it for cartridges, if you think having the chemist in
the same building as the surgery means that it has a easy resolve nope...B  We
had to go to reception who went through all the details of whys and wot
nots...B  Before informing us that there wasn't a doctor in surgery until that
afternoon ahhhhh.
As most people use insulin pens, it isn't that easy to get vials of insulin
from the chemist, ordered as required which in my case would have been done on
the Monday if surgery had given them the right script, the chemist tried to
order for that afternoon but missed the cut off point by 10 minutes....B  It
took 2 days to sort...
And to get to speak to the practise manager, well haven't managed that one
yet...B  She doesn't work Fridays and then she down at the other surgery that
we are linked to over the other side of town, so I told to phone when she back
in our surgery etc...B
Jo