RE: [IPk] Glucotabs

Hi Mary

Your GP is wrong about the blood ketone testing strips.  They definately are on
prescription.  The problem was that the packaging changed and you used to get a
box of eight strips.  When the box changed to 10 strips per box for some reason
they no longer appeared on the computer under the old code and the doctor and
 surgery staff cant find them. I assume that it was something to do with Abbott
taking over Medisense and the name changing on the box.  You have to quote them
the new exact code.  It changed well over two years ago.

http://www.abbottdiabetescare.co.uk/products/xceed.php
Prescription information

OptiumT ?-Ketone test strips (PIP Code 323-7773)

For use with the MediSense Optium Xceed blood glucose meter to measure blood
ketone levels.

 These used to be called MediSense Optium B-Ketone Electrodes now called Abbott
Optium B-Ketone Electrodes (Box of 10 Test Strips)

Jackie

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080628-0, 28/06/2008
Tested on: 28/06/2008 19:11:57