Re: [IPk] Insurance for pumps

 Stuart -

>Talking about medical equipment that needs insuring, does anyone know if
>they
> make you insure a false limb? Just a thought?

You had to ask didn't you!!? Well, thanks to The UK Limb Loss Information
Centre.....

8 Will my prosthesis be covered by insurance?
If you are an NHS patient your prosthetic repairs and replacement are
provided by the NHS. This may not apply if you are a private patient
visiting an NHS facility. If you are a private patient it is worth asking
your prosthetist if you artificial limb is insured.
You can include your artificial limb on your home contents insurance, but it
is likely that you will have to pay a premium.

..... the short answer is that if you have an NHS prosthetic, the NHS might
insure it, a temporary prosthesis taking one week to replace.....

I promise I will go to bed now :)

Angie
mum to Alice 5