From: Stuart Chadwick <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Sent: Wednesday, 25 June, 2008 10:38:10 PM
Subject: Re: [IPk] Insurance for pumps

Hi Angie,
you made me smile which having the day i have had is a good thing, thanks for
that.
it does rather highlight the point that the insurers dont know what they are
insuring and it worries me, incase something happened, would they realise how
quick i would need a replacement.
When I had my laptop stollen it took a week to get the papaerwork sorted and
them another week to get the cheque for a replacement.
I dont understand why Diabetes UK insurance servies dont jump on the Pump
bandwagan and offer specififc Pump insurance, where hopefully we wouldnt have
explain to some telphone operator what a pump is and how it works, and why it
is
so nessercary to wear it 24/7, whereever we go.
Talking about medical equipment that needs insuring, does anyone know if they
make you insure a false limb? Just a thought?

Stuart Chadwick.

Diabetic T1 19 Years, Paradigm 715 user 1 year 4 months, Carelink user, and
occasional CGMS User.