From: Jackie Jacombs <email @ redacted>
To: Insulin Pump List <email @ redacted>
Sent: Wednesday, 25 June, 2008 7:49:58 PM
Subject: [IPk] Tegaderm

Hi All

Had the question below from a list member on the UK CWD list
If one uses Tegaderm as a barrier under the infusion sets it is OK to insert
the cannula through it, or should one make a hole?

We've never had a problem with sets so never had to use any barriers.

Jackie

ly be "injected" into the body
> when you insert the canula.  They have only ever seen it used as a
> dressing.  What are your thoughts on this?  I had never thought of
> this. Surely this would apply to anything else used - eg spray, cream
> etc.  UCLH must know what they are doing (?)
> Lisa
>
> Mum to Matty aged 9 (dx 2005) and Fraser aged 12, married to
> Alastair. Under Cheltenham hospital at Cirencester clinic.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080625-0, 25/06/2008
Tested on: 25/06/2008 19:49:56