Re: [IPk] Waterproof Accu-chek Spirit

Hi

I've just reviewed the tech specs for the Spirit. It's watertight to
IPX 8 [8 feet (2.5 m), for 1 hour]. Here is a summary of the general
IPX classifications:
http://www.e-headlamps.com/ipx_waterproof_standard.asp.

If you wore a Spirit pump at a depth of 1 foot (say, swimming in an
average pool) for 45 minutes and it got a water ingress issue after,
then the replacement would most likely be covered under warranty
because you used the pump within the specified limits.

If you dropped your Spirit pump in the deep end of the pool and let it
sit in the bottom of the pool for 4 hours at a depth of 12 feet and
got damaged as a result, the replacement would probably not be covered
under warranty because the situation would have been outside the
limits specified above.

Every medical device manufacturer is required by law to specify the
limits of use of the product within the product's user manual.

Melissa
Type 1 15+ years; MiniMed pumper 7.5 years; Animas pumper 4.5+ years;
worked in the labeling department of a medical device manufacturer 2
years