[IPk] To Hilly

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear about the consultant's decision, but, like you, i kind  of
understand why.

Are you getting help with your mental health / eating disorder  problems?

I gained approximately half a stone in the first 6 months on the pump, but
 my control was much better, and i felt so much better in myself. I must admit i
 have gained another half stone (been pumping since Feb 2006), and i am
 finding it difficult to lose weight, but, as my blood sugars are much better,
my
general  health is much better - i feel so much better.

As you say, your blood sugars are 15 - 20. Isn't that making you feel  awful?
I hope you are receiving the help you need to start to bring your blood
 sugars down, even though this may cause some weight gain. You will feel better
in
yourself. At 6 stone you would probably have difficulty with the insertion of
 the pump sets.

I wish you luck with the help you are receiving, and hope, that in 12  months
time you will be ready for an insulin pump. I hope i have not offended  you
with anything i have said. If i have, then i apologise.

Best wishes

Sue