[IPk] Pump appointment at Treliske

Dear  All
Apart from my diabetes I also have some other health problems, such as
depression and anxiety. I also have an eating disorder which I am currently
managing very well and have done for the last 6 months, but has seen me drop
to about 6 stone (5ft 4)  last year.
 The reason I am writing is I had an appointment with the pump consultant
today and he has decided to postpone putting me on a pump for at least a
further 12 months or until my general mental health has improved. Although
bitterly disappointed by the outcome of today I have to say I agree as I think
he understood how difficult it is for me to maintain any kind of weight gain
already achieved - 8 stone now!
I agree with the decision, as I said, but I still came out and cried my heart
out as im frustrated with myself for not being stronger. I will now have to
lose this consultant as he only does the pump clinics which is also upsetting
as he's really good at his job.
My blood sugar levels are still mostly 15 -25.0 (12%)and his point was if I
went on the pump and had a target of even .
8% I would inevitably gain more weight. I really dont want this as it may
undermine the "good" work Ive already achieved in regard to my mental health.
I know some weight gain is expected as I am just running high at the moment,
hence further weight loss is happening due to my poor control but I wondered
what other people's experience was of how much weight they gained as a result
of pump therapy? Say in ther first 6 months?

Thanks, Hilly
p.s I really did try and keep this brief!! :)