[IPk] Jet lag managment

Having done a couple of Australian trips since I had the pump, I can offer a
hot tip for managing jet lag. The theory is that one's body takes a day of
adjustment for every hour of time difference. So, instead of changing my
time setting all in one go on my insulin pump, I have been experimenting by
changing it more gradually.

For a 7-hour time change, I change the pump by 2 hours on day 1, 2 hours on
day 2, then an hour a day till the right time is resumed. I have now done
this for 4 journeys, and not noticed much jet-lag at all.

Worth a try - it might work for you?

Marian
(22 years Type 1, 2 years on pump)