Re: [IPk] Light at the end of the tunnel?

Hi Jackie,

I remember so well this feeling, we were going through this about 3 months
ago. Our 4 year old started on the pump in January and by Easter I felt
exactly as you describe. So I hope you'll be relieved to hear that once we
had more of the technical difficulties under control and started to see some
improvement there was a kind of snowball effect as the sugars improved.
We're now 5 months in and have the greatest stability we've had since
diagnosis, doing 5 or 6 tests a day, few hypos, and now can tell much more
quickly when a high sugar is likely to be the result of technical problems,
or when a growth spurt is starting, or a new food has had an ill effect, and
can deal with problems more quickly without getting into a downward spiral.
So hang in there, it will get better,

I think the main thing that we did to try and start bringing things under
control when we felt iwe didn't know what to do next was to have a few days
similar to when first starting on the pump when we had a strict routine,
simple easy to carb count foods, not too much variation in diet or activity
and this seemed to help start the improvements.

Good luck,
Marisa