Re: [IPk] Is it wise to starting pumping BEFORE holiday?

Hi David
If you start on the pump at least 2 weeks in advance of going on
holiday, then I'd say you'll be fine. I wouldn't advise starting say a
week before you go though. If you know that your control goes AWOL
during hot temperatures then I wouldn't start the pump then. Also, for
the first couple of weeks at least, I think you'll want to be within
easy reach of advice from DSN, this list, and hospitals (just in case) -
and I wouldn't recommend Morocco as a good place to be ill.....
I've just been to Morocco a couple of weeks ago and it was certainly an
interesting experience (I didn'thave any pump problems despite getting
food poisoning). But the risk of food poisoning / dodgy stomach is
pretty high there, so again not an ideal time to be starting on a pump
I'd say.
Di