[IPk] Is it wise to starting pumping BEFORE holiday?

I am awaiting delivery of a Accu-chek Spirit pump, but I go on holiday to
Morocco mid-July. Would it be more sensible to wait until I come back before I
start on the pump (if it arrives in time), or would it be easy to cope with
learning the routine in the very hot temperatures?

I would be grateful for any advice or experience on this, thanks.
David Hales