Re: [IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V3 #1385 - Complications

I used to work with a type I who never tested either and when I asked
him why not, he said it was because it hurt! Despite all my offers of
help, e.g. for him to try out my "whanger" he wouldn't be convinced,
although I think the real reason was that he couldn't be bothered.
However he used to regularly fall asleep in the afternoons at his desk,
I am sure from high blood sugar, and his control seemed pretty bad, but
he clearly wasn't interested in any help or in doing anything about it.
I gave up as he wasn't exactly a friend anyway, but if it's a friend
then I would keep trying subtle ways to help put them on the right
track. Not easy though as it's more about changing someone's attitude
than anything else. And it's easy to be seen as interfering.
Di