[IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V3 #1385 - Complications

I used to be like that in my teens and if you looked at me and my
lifestyle you'd have said the same thing. however it caught up with me
later (although I felt and looked fine at the time) and now have severe
retinopathy and am registered blind.  On the other hand my dad (also
type I) was like me and did everything wrong for years, and still has no
real complications after 55 years of being diabetic! Chances are your
friends will suffer later though if they continue as they are, have you
tried talking to them at all about it? As a child and teenager noone
really told me that I should take more care of myself or gave me any
support with it, and since I felt fine I thought I was invincible.
Turned out I wasn't.
Di

Tom Falconer wrote:
> Deb,
>
 > I am sorry to say that I was one of those lucky so-and-so's for many years.?
It
> is only in the last eight years that I have had problems controlling my blood
 > sugars, and before that I rarely did blood tests, or bothered measuring food
or
> anything.? Now, though, things are very different.? Luckily I do not have any
> retinopathy problems, or other complications beyond trigger finger and frozen
> shoulder.? Perhaps it is genetic, but then, so is diabetes...
>
> Tom

Complications