RE: [IPk] Summer Camps

Hi Melissa

 Have you tried contacting DUK? Though I believe that people from here have done
so in the past, but were put off because DUK couldnt give them confirmation of
whether they would actually be call on to help.  Which meant difficulties for
those working who would have to book time off work.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway its still worth contacting them.

Jackie

> Hi,
> Just on the subject of Summer Camps, when I was diagnosed 23 years ago, I
> clearly remember they did do some sort of holiday club for diabetic children,
 > I was really excited at the thought of going away on holiday but it never
came
 > off. After years of diabetes and the toils and tribulations of teenage years
> I would love to be a volunteer at anywhere where I could be of help, I have
 > two kids of my own aged 7 and 13 (non diabetic, although I keep a close eye
on
> my daughters blood sugar levels as they can go up to the 9's) so if you know
> of anywhere I could be of use, please pass it on!
> xx melisa> From: email @ redacted> To: email @ redacted>
> Subject: RE: [IPk] Summer Camps> Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 21:12:43 +0100> >
> Angie> > You dont want to take along a spare 14 year old to help look after
> Alice eh!!> > > Jackie Mum of Sasha aged 14> > > Hi Karen> > > > Thank you SO
> much for your glowing recommendation - we have been thinking > > about doing
> this for a while, and your comments may be what changes us from > > planning
> it to doing it! I have already read every page of the website, and > > the
> application form - Wow!! It looks fantastic! I just know that Alice > > would
> love every minute....> > > > I will contact you off list in due course, as I
 > do have some more specific > > queries.> > > > Many thanks again> > > >
Angie>
> > Mum to Alice 5> > > > contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org> > ---> avast!
> Antivirus: Outbound message clean.> Virus Database (VPS): 080613-0,
> 13/06/2008> Tested on: 13/06/2008 21:12:41> avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2008
> ALWIL Software.> http://www.avast.com> .>

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080614-0, 14/06/2008
Tested on: 14/06/2008 11:32:32