-----Original Message-----
 From: "email @ redacted" <email @ redacted> on behalf of
"Diana Maynard" <email @ redacted>
Sent:	Thursday, June 12, 2008 10:00 PM
To:	"email @ redacted" <email @ redacted>
Subject:	Re: [IPk] RE Actrapid

This used to be the case but is no longer actually true (I am almost 99%
sure about this), there are people now who use Actrapid in pumps with no
problem. I think it is due to the change in design of modern pump tubing
(I'm sure Michael or Melissa can tell you more). The late John Neale
switched to Actrapid in his pump because he was worried that Humalog
might have caused his cancer, although there was no evidence of that as
such. He had no problems other than having to deal with the delayed
action of Actrapid. If you're still worried, I guess you can still get
hold of buffered short-acting insulin which is like Actrapid in action.
Di

Sue wrote:
> No Actrapid can not be used in a pump. It has no phosphate buffer so it could
> precipitate in the tubing and canula.
> This is nothing to do with NICE it is what the manufactures say also it is
> stated by the BNF
 > Read the patient insert with your actrapid it should be on there somewhere.
If