Re: [IPk] Re:Animas vs Minimed Pump and other umps

 sorry, i didn't mean it was crap as in crap, i just meant it doesnt have as
many features as some of the others. i think its the sort of thing that would
have been taken less literally in speech, to be honest in my opinion any pump is
better than no pump so maybe next time i pass my pinion on something i should
maybe think about how i'm wording it! :)
  Sammy

Diana Maynard <email @ redacted> wrote:

The Spirit is not crap, it just depends what you want out of a pump!
It may not have as many bells and whistles as some of the other pumps
but not everyone wants them. I have the Medtronic 522 but never use the
bolus wizard, don't have the CGM, don't use the wireless monitor link or
any download facility etc etc. I'd have no problems with the
functionality of a Spirit, I think they look ugly though!
All the available pumps are good, it just depends what features you're
interested in. But they all do the job way better than MDI (for most
people anyway!). My first pump around 10 years ago had 1 basal profile,
a maximum of something like 5 different basals throughout 24 hours,
minimum increments of 0.1 units, no backlight, no vibrate options, and
so on. And yet it was a million times better than MDI!
Di